While springtime is definitely one of our favorite times of year, spring cleaning is something that not many people look forward to! Here are some handy tips to help you get your spring cleaning done in a jiffy, so that you can get back to enjoying all of the wonderful things about spring!
- Deal with the clutter in your closet(s). Having an unorganized closet makes you not want to go in there. Not only is it uninviting, but you may be missing out on old favorites that you forgot you had! Go through all of your clothes, and get rid of the ones you don’t wear, or that don’t fit! By doing this, you’ll make it so much easier to organize (and find) all of your clothes, and you will be feeling excited to look in your closet!
- To clean your painted walls, first start with a clean cloth or sponge and a little water. For more stubborn stains, try adding a tiny bit of dish soap to the water. Finally, if that fails, use a more soapy concentration directly on the sponge for those really stubborn wall marks.
- To clean your windows, get a rubber squeegee! Use a very diluted dish soap and water mixture, wet the windows and rub the dirt away. Then squeegee away the water and towel-dry the sills. Not only is a squeegee faster and easier than a cloth or paper towel but it also does a better job!
- Organize and clean out your kitchen cupboards – getting rid of old or expired food.
- Make sure you replace the batteries in your smoke detectors! As you should be replacing them every 6 months anyway, spring cleaning time is an ideal time to always remember to do this!
- Finally, here are some fabulous tips from Woman’s Day – I just couldn’t resist passing them on! Some are great for spring cleaning, and others you’ll want to use year round: http://www.womansday.com/home/cleaning-tips/30-quick-easy-cleaning-tips-37860.